5. Our haunted doll Brenda

 It was a beautiful German summer evening. I was sitting under a large, great oak tree in my Best friend's garden and soaking in the warmth of the sun. There was a mellow warm wind that would rustle the leaves of the tree from time to time. There were birds chirping and crickets cricketing and nature seemed in perfect harmony with our vibe. 

Tom and Max (my two best friends) were sitting next to me and we were talking about this and that and life overall was just good. 

This beautiful scenery was soon disturbed by the unexpected appearance of two of Max's old school friends. As they approached us I noticed that one of them was holding an old cloth doll in their hand. Not thinking much of it I returned to my conversation with Tom and just let them do their thing. 

Soon after one of the boys approached me and handed me the doll. I hesitated for a moment before I took it and placed it on my lap. With great confusion, I started to observe the doll. It had bright orange hair that had slightly faded, a purple full body suit with stripes and a little collar, and a tiny stain on its mouth. I looked back at the boy who told me it was a housewarming gift. We all laughed, I placed the doll under the tree and we all danced and fooled around till the evening turned into night. 

Later when everyone left I realized that the doll was still outside. I took it in my hand and walked inside the house. Tom and Max both agreed it was an obscure gift but didn't think much of it. Me, being highly superstitious I told the boys that I want nothing to with it. 

Max said that we can't throw it away as it was a gift. After long persuading, they convinced me that we should keep it.  I asked them what we should name it.

And Max quickly replied "Brenda"

To be continued... 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

45. Rap quotes

48. The virus

49. Cry Baby